2016… what a year! So many awesome, amazing, and life-changing things happened to us this year, it’s insane! Hadley was promoted to Big Sister as we welcomed our precious River Blue into the world, Michael and I took the leap with our spur of the moment wedding, and we began our journey toward an exclusively vegan lifestyle together as a family.
So many wonderful memories were made in 2016, and I’m honestly a little sad to see it go. But that’s when I remember that there’s an entirely new one to look forward to; a blank page for us as we create and experience the next chapter in our lives. I have a lot of goals I would like to see through in 2017, not just in my personal life, but on here as well! The Northwest Momma needs some lovin’!
I haven’t been nearly as strict with my posting as I would like to be, and it’s time to change that! That’s not to say that my blog isn’t doing well- with each passing month, my views creep higher and higher. And some exciting news: December was the most successful blogging month for The Northwest Momma at nearly 7,500 views- more than double my previous best of 3,329 in March 2016!
This is seriously such a huge accomplishment for me and I owe it all to you; my marvelous readers! I can’t thank you enough and I just feel so great knowing that my content is making a difference in peoples’ lives. 🙂 Now, on to my goals!
2016 Goals & Resolutions
- Continue and expand our path to veganism- we are already on a 100% vegan diet, but I know there is more we can do!
- Get in shape- this one is extremely vague, but I know where I want to be. I’ve never really been in amazing shape or anything, but after having two kids it’s time for me to get back on track!
- Explore 20 new locations- I am The Northwest Momma after all. It’s time for me to get out and explore this beautiful state that I live in! 🙂 (I know 20 new places may not seem like a lot, but it’s a good start!)
- Get more involved- to put it simply; I want to help people. I know it’s hard for one person to make a difference, but if I can just get more involved with my community, lend a hand to someone in need, volunteer my time… I just want to give back. 🙂
- Get our debt under control- we have big things we want to save for, so let’s knock down the wall of credit card debt!
Professional: (Yes, I consider my blog a profession.)
- Make a posting schedule and stick to it- pretty self explanatory. For the past few months, I’ve been trying to keep a consistent Monday, Wednesday, Friday posting plan. So far, it has not been successful. Buuuut I’m gonna try to change that by really pushing myself.
- Shift my focus- if you’ve been following me for awhile, you know that TNWM started as more of a saving money and living frugally kind of blog. I would really like to shift gears into a more eating right, living green, and being kind feel.
- Startup my newsletter- this is something that’s been in the works for awhile, but I’ve only ever sent out a couple test runs. This is the year that my newsletter goes live!
- Expand my reach- as I mentioned, this has already been happening. But I really want to reach out and connect with more people; collabs, featured posts, that sort of thing! 🙂
So that’s kinda where I’m at currently. 2016 was a big year for us, full of ups and downs, and I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for us!
♥♥♥Post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.