Well folks, it’s getting colder, fall has left its mark, and now winter is just around the corner. And if you know me, you know that I absolutely just love this time of year; the chunky sweaters, the leggings and boots, the hot coffee in the morning, the cozy movie nights! But, if there’s one thing I love most about the cold, rainy Washington weater, it’s the excuse it gives me to break out the slow cooker. There’s nothing quite like coming inside at the end of a long day to a house filled with the aromas of a delicious, hot meal that’s all ready to eat!
And, of course, it requires very little prep and is super-duper simple! (Like I’d have it any other way 😉 )
- 2 1/2 lbs chuck roast
- 8-10 golden potatoes, diced
- (1) 12 oz. package baby carrots
- (1) large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add roast to slow cooker on high heat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Let sit 10 minutes then flip and repeat on opposite side.
- In the meantime, prep your veggies. Add to slow cooker.
- Add water and additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook for 5-6 hours, or until veggies are soft and roast can be pulled apart easily with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!