It’s that time of year again where berries, particularly strawberries, are on sale like crazy. I mean, we’re talking a 2 lb. container for $3. That’s insane! I must have thought this was a super good deal because I had somehow bought three containers of strawberries on three different shopping trips.
Recently in our house, though, we’ve really been trying to eliminate (or at least minimize) our food waste. So I knew I had to find something to do with all these strawberries and fast! The oldest strawberries I noticed were pretty ripe, so I figured it would be best to cut em up and freeze em for smoothies! That’s when I had the idea to attempt one of my favorite Jamba Juice recipes ever; The Chunky Strawberry Bowl (formally known as The Chunky Strawberry Topper back in the day).
Copycat Chunky Strawberry Bowl from Jamba Juice
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (I prefer the traditional soy)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices
- 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granola
- (optional) top with fresh banana and granola
- Combine all ingredients (except fresh banana and extra granola) in a blender and pulse until blended, but still somewhat chunky.
- Top with fresh banana and additional granola and enjoy immediately!
This recipe is simple, quick to make, and extremely delicious! Plus it tastes just like the one you can get from Jamba Juice! Be sure to give it a try next time you’re craving something yummy for breakfast. 🙂Post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.