This post is not sponsored by Litehouse. I just really enjoy their products.
Every now and then, when I’m feeling adventurous and motivated to try something new, I start to experiment in the kitchen. I do have my usual meals that I sorta just rotate through (and could probably make with my eyes closed at this point), but like I said, sometimes I’m willing to take a little risk and step outside my comfort zone.
Our basil plant was beginning to get a little out of hand and needed a trim, so what better way to use it than to make some yummy homemade pesto? Without a real plan in mind, I kinda just started throwing ingredients together and came up with something delicious!
To start, I just wanna say that the Litehouse Homestyle Ranch is by far the greatest dressing I’ve ever tasted. Now I’m not a huge fan of traditional ranch, but this definitely has its own unique flavor and feel that sets it apart from all the rest!
If you already follow my blog, then you’re well aware of the fact that I love easy recipes. When you have kids (particularly wild and rambunctious ones), fancy meals that require a lot of time and fancy preparation are usually left for special occasions.
These sandwiches call for just a few ingredients with very little prep and they are jammed pack with flavor!
Personally, I prefer to make my own pesto for two reasons: 1. It tastes better and 2. Store bought is expensive! I mean, pine nuts go for about 7 bucks for a little container but man, they last forevvvvver (cue scene from The Sandlot). Plus, it is so so so simple to make!
This is a great recipe for kids, big or small, and positively delightful. If you’re a fan of pesto and a fan of Litehouse homestyle ranch, be sure to give it a try!
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup Litehouse homestyle ranch dressing
- 4 large buns (the crispier the better!)
- lettuce and tomato for serving (optional
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pesto (see below)
- Combine with ranch and chicken in a large bowl and stir until evenly coated
- Serve on warm buns and enjoy!
- Add basil, garlic, Parmesan, and seasonings to food processor
- While running, drizzle in olive oil until blended